Microsoft has thefor just a few weeks before the . The update improves Windows 11 security features, productivity and accessibility tools, as well as gaming features.
It can be tempting to delay installing the update, especially if you have a million tabs and documents open and don’t feel like restarting your computer. But trust us — this upgrade sounds like it’s worth it for the productivity improvements alone. Find out more about.
And read on for step-by-step guidance on how to bring your device up to speed with the new update.
How to Download the Windows 11 2022 Update
1. Open up Institutions on your laptop or computer.
2. Choose Windows Update from the menu on the left side of the screen.
3. You should see an option at the top of the screen that reads (something like) “2022-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11.”
4. Click Install.
5. Next you will be asked to restart your device or schedule a restart. When you’re ready, click Start over again.
6. After your computer reboots, you can verify that you have completed the process by clicking Check for updates.
For more Windows 11 news, check outand .